Sunday, August 24, 2008

From the Field

Spent most of the day at the emergency room on Fort with Nessa and her mom. Mom2.0 fell this morning and broke her wrist. It was mostly just a long day of waiting and trying to distract Mom2.0 from the pain.

I'm not really sure why I went with Nessa this morning, but she says she's glad that I did. The boredom of the hospital was totally worth the cute OR dude. He had an awesome tattoo on his right forearm, totally hot. Apparently Ketemine makes Mom2.0 wanna talk. When Nessa and I returned from lunch, Mom2.0 had told on us and was chatting him up in the recovery room. Oy!

At least it was entertaining to watch Nessa squirm. She didn't get to hit on Cute OR Dude (<-- mmm, color of scrubs he was wearing), as she has a recently acquired significant other.

Nessa and I had a particularly loud and embarassingly girly run in with a large spider the other night. Come to find out it was a Missouri Tarantula. The thing jumped! I did too, and Nessa and I both did our fair share of screaming (and cussing). I was armed with a large yellow rainboot and Nessa toted a bottle of bleach water and a bottle of Round Up. After much commotion, Nessa killed the offending arachnid with crow bar, catching it between the wall and a loosened baseboard. The whole episode was traumatic.

Our High School science teacher was in tears from laughing when I told her the story the next morning. She identified the intruder and assured us that he wasn't poisonous. I don't really care. It was still a fuckin' big, jumping spider. Blegh!

Mom2.0 told Cute OR Dude the whole story. He was amused, and obviously pleased to have the attention of two girls who thought he was hot. I'm not modest, I admitted the attraction readily when I heard that we had been outed. Nessa was not as keen to pony up. One of the nurses outed him later, telling us he was married. So sad, but that's not my game.

Ah well, mark it as a tick in the "I got attention from a hot boy" column. No long term benefits, but hey, it was fun.

No comments: